Saturday, December 11, 2010

Response to I Love, I Hate, I Move On.

In Susan's blog post, I Love, I Hate, I Move On, I found this quote particularly interesting.
Sometimes I think life couldn't get any better than this, that everything is perfect and the world just keeps throwing better and better moments in my direction. Other times I wonder why I should even bother. What reason is there to drag my ass out of bed every morning? To even try to keep up with the rush and flow of every day living?
Sometimes, I feel exactly the same way.  I love life, it seems perfect, and I'm perfectly content living the rest of my life the same way, but other times, I feel like life is a waste, and I see no reason at all for living on and trying to make a change, because of that constant reminder that "one person can make a difference," and sometimes, I want to be the one to be able to make that difference.  Still though, I constantly find myself sitting around, wasting time, and not wanting to be productive at all.  I lose the will to try to do anything, and I don't want to do anything other than sit there and read a book, unmoving, and not changing anything (other than my mom's temper).

I try to look toward the happier times in life when I feel that way sometimes.  I just think, if I keep on going, living through these days, someday, I'll find that happy place again, I'll find happiness, I might even find my reason for life, a purpose for living through each day, attempting to keep up with life, and fitting in with everyone around me, in an attempt to blend in and not be seen as weird as much as possible, but it's still hard to do that every day.

You're an amazing writer, Susan, and you've got so much potential.  There's always a reason for getting your ass out of bed every morning and to keep up with the dramas and action of everyday life.  Although it may seem corny, you have the ability to make a difference, just wait, and with time, you'll see the difference you can and have made.(:

1 comment: